Sunday, May 3, 2009

Southern Sends Part 6: : L.R.C

Time to finish up the sends that got away yesterday.

After a dreaming of The Wave all night, my heart raced as we approached the aesthetic arete. I knew the moves, I knew the beta, I knew I could do it, but would I? Sure, I could say I was confident, but inside, as I put my hands in the beautiful starting hueco feature, I was trembling. I set my feet and went through the moves smoother than ever. And I sent. First try of the day, polishing off an the project. I can leave the south happy now.

Next we headed over to a problem we had checked out the day before, Shotgun - V6, named for the many small hueco pockets that dot the face, Shotgun was a fun, but reachy, climb. Adam suited up, worked out the beta, and sent.

Finally we went to Tri-Star, to give Adam his revenge on the problem. First go he made it further than ever, but fell due to terrible foot-hold. After lending him my Solutions, he hopped on, the determination was obvious. As he worked his way up the gaston-y crack, he set his feet, and made a final hop for the finish. Which he stuck valiently. A good send to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter
html hit counter