Friday, May 29, 2009

3 Areas. One Weekend.

yes, read the title again. Im not lying. Last weekend we went to 3, count em, 3 boulderfields in the ADKs. First up was a trip up to mckenzie pond to finish up projects and start some new ones. Ben and I had our day set with the climbs we wanted. Ben wanted Magnum - V7 and Flux Capacitor - V8. I wanted to get I.F. - V5 and my project from last time, Thrust Vault - V3. As we arrived in the forest a familiar voice was on-top of the Slobodan boulder. It was Sam Sommers, a good friend that we met up with in Colorado. Kyle and some others met us up there.

We went straight back to the I.F. Boulder. Luke and Adam sent and Ben resent quickly, leaving me to work the crimp-tastic moves. Adam also got Slot Machine - V5 and Jess was SO INCREDIBLY CLOSE to getting Brock Lee Soares. Why Jess? You were SO close... I guess you need to come back! ANYWAYS! I got I.F. and it was joyous. While I was sending I.F. and trying to keep Luke from stealing my chalk brush. Ben was working his prize, Magnum. He sent before we could get over to see. 

When we arrived at the Boulder that houses Magnum and Thrust Vault (and others) Sam had been working Magnum hard. As he worked that, Luke worked Shut Up Machine - V9 making... progress... if you can call it that (heh sorry luke). Sam got Magnum and was psyched. I went over and worked Thrust Vault and did the "Dynamic" last move super static! :D Although I bumped my head on the Top-Off. ow. 

The day ended with Ben making huge progress on some Flux Capacitor. We headed out with hurting hands and happy hearts. 

Sunday is for resting.

Monday is for climbing.

We headed on down to Peterskill to once again, finish projects and find new ones. I was pretty burnt and didn't send much, but some other members in our group did pretty well!

Ben made excellent progress on Vortex Yoga - V9. Luke and Ben got Tiger Style - V7. (I got my project Mentos - V4 from a while back second go. yippee...) As the day drew to an end we headed over to near trapps.

After finding JINGUS beta to Waiting for the Messiah - V7, we went over to the pearl. We all made good progress and Luke sent! Nice work.

Until the next week.... which is tomorrow....
(Were going to McKenzie)
-WB 

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter
html hit counter