Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Dawning of the Age of Awesome

The nice thing about continuing a blog for so long is the ability it gives me to go back and read old posts from years past. It's a very nostalgic feeling and it's incredible to see how my friends and I have progressed and just how much we really like this strange habit we fell into. Periodically, I like to go back and look at some old posts, read what I said, how psyched I was, etc, etc. But this last time, I realized that maybe I wasn't putting the same effort into the blog as I used to.

The PPM (posts per month) was on a steady decline, and I knew it.

There was a feeling that people weren't reading it anyway, and there was no point in writing it. However, if I let the fact that nobody gives a shit keep me from doing anything, I certainly picked the wrong sport to get involved with. The simple fact is that nobody really does give a shit about climbing, and nobody should, similarly nobody gives a shit about blogging. Climbing is a personal thing, just like this blog, and I'm finally coming to see the value of this diary-esque chronicle.

The epic saga of Weekend Bouldering is far from over.

With the recent snowmelt, my psyche is back, and I even feel stronger. My mental game has made a complete recovery, and with recent visits to Lost City (post on that later) and other Gunks areas, I really can't wait for warmer weather. Dacks season. Oh sweet jesus yes.

So, to bring in the new era of re-awesomed WB, I'm starting a series of posts on my favorite areas, and the lowdown on all of them. AND to get you all psyched like me, I'm starting with areas in the Adirondacks.

Which ADK Bouldering spot do you guys want me to cover first? Comment. It's easy. I'll respect you more if you do it. All the cool kids are. Don't make me sad.

Look for a post on Lost City later this week as well.

-WB

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. snowy mountain should get some love...then i'd cover the largest developed adk bouldering area (9 Corner) with all of the surrounding little gems (Prison Boulder, Pinnacle Pull-Off, Green Lake set, Pine Lake Boulder...have you seen this one yet??? HUGE!!! Also, get psyched, looking forward to devlopment along route 73/Route 9 up in Keene>>>>I have heard rumors of destiny amongst the talus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to see ya back writing again I check this piece every other day. There has been a big difference since not getting out with the crew for me but you guys are always in my thoughts an prayers.To think the year before we went out about every weekend to this last past winter I did not go out once.But I do live right next to nine now and snowy .On the way to work I had a idea for a nine at nine video piece so that is my vote there is ton of snow up there still at nine just to let you know about 2 feet frozen hard you can walk right to the boulders no problem I am gonna start cleaning off the tops cuz the snow will make a great landing from what I see. The trail was really easy the way it is right now the best I have ever hiked it besides the 10 snowmobiles that flew by was even able to walk right over the lake to get to the other side seeing as how the ice sustained several snowmobiles stopped on the lake about 100 feet out the rock felt great the tops just need a little help to speed it way up.peace

    ReplyDelete
  4. snowy mountain it is then! And yes! so much to develop between Old Bridge, Hogwarts and the Rond Pond Talus. Swag. Once I confiscate my Flip from a certain New Paltz dwelling murphy, I'll start the videos up again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta send some love to Gnarnia. GREAT problems up there that only a handful of souls have fondled. So many gems yet to be sent. HARD GEMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. To see such love for the Gnar truly brings a tear to my eye. A gnarnia shout out is in order for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. where's the new awesome? Been waiting for these lost city pics...I live vicariously through you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I gotta fetch the Lost City pics from Adam, the ADK posts will come every friday, starting today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "There was a feeling that people weren't reading it anyway, and there was no point in writing it."

    Glad to see you're back posting again too. I've never commented before, but your blog has been in my RSS reader for ages, and I'm always excited to see a new post. It may feel like nobody's reading, but I'm definitely not the only lurker out there who quietly enjoys your blog. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

hit counter
html hit counter