Wednesday, November 18, 2009

WB Climbing Forecast - 11/18/09

WHERE ARE WE GOING?
Right now, to be honest, I am not really sure... but we've got options...
I had really wanted to get to Boulderwoods once more before the harsh winds of winter set in, but after reviewing the weather for various locations... the Daks aren't looking so hot.

In addition to the daks, I looked at Great Barrington and the Gunks, so far, Great Barrington looks better.

WEATHER FORECAST:
At G.B... and everywhere else of note, rain is scheduled pretty much all day Friday. The only difference in G.B. is that it should be ending at a little before midnight, and the forecast for Saturday is partly cloudy all day. Other areas, including Boulderwoods, Nine Corners and McKenzie, show signs of rain on Saturday... some even say snow.

SHOULD WE CLIMB?
Depends on how the next few days play out. As of right now I would say G.B. is our best bet for dry rock on Saturday, it has pulled off miracle dryness in worse conditions, who's to say it won't this time? I'll keep my eye on the weather and post up anything new developments.

Until then, I would like to talk about commenting.

You. You read this blog right? Thats a rhetorical question, of course you read this blog. Now lets say you were putting a good deal of procrastination time into writing what you think is a fairly nice piece of work that you put a lot of thought into... wouldn't you want some feedback? Show me some love people! Or not! Whatever feelings you have for me or this blog or climbing or kittens just post it in the comment section! It's not that hard. Thanks for your time.

-WB

4 comments:

  1. lol very nice post jpzzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I just stumbled across your blog, I'll try to keep an eye on it from now on - maybe I can meet you guys out sometime. I'm from Utica so I hit Nine Corners a lot (went today actually) but as winter rolls in I'll be going to GB more often. I'll prob be out this Sunday, just don't know where yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bluebird weekdays followed by rainy weekends SUCK.
    Hate to lose these precious fall temps, but do we get our workout indoors or trapse around damp woods cursing the precip

    ReplyDelete
  4. heres the deal, rains are supposed to stop at around 7 pm in both new paltz and G.B. honestly we havent been to G.B. in a while i say we hit that up.

    Yeah Andrew, email me at weekendbouldering@gmail.com, maybe we can work something out?

    ReplyDelete

hit counter
html hit counter