Monday, November 23, 2009

Gravity Sucks

Gravity DOES suck.
Ben, Kyle, Spook and I learned this disheartening fact at G.B. Saturday... well... maybe not Spook.

We started off at the probe, a boulder we haven't gone too in a while, and got to warming up. We all quickly set our sights on a cool, pumpy, crimpy traverse into the warm up. Spooky sent after a bunch of goes, and despite my best efforts (I got past the crux and fell on the "warm up" section) I did not send... damn pump. For the sake of this blog we'll call it Kettle Traverse - V5

Ben and Kyle gave a few goes at The Probe - V9, although unsuccessful, Ben is pretty psyched to get back on the cool little problem.

We then headed up to the main part of G.B. where Ben and Spook began to work on The Bump. After so... so... so... SO many tries, no one sent. Contrary to the video, Ben didn't start from the beginning... too bad.

I felt pretty rested and was ready to get in some goes at my long standing highball prize proj, Snooze Button. I made some good progress, but the Kettle Traverse had left my fingers tender and my forearms sore... although I worked out what I think is the top-out beta, it'll have to wait.

We decided to go search around for Two-Stroke... but, it was wet, so we settled on a problem in a small pit next to it, for the sake of this blog we'll call it Red Light - V7. Ben, upon looking at the heinously small crimps at the bottom of the problem, called it v11. I was pretty confident that was false, and Spook proved me right by sending the cool problem. Red Light is full of moves you would never find outdoor, crazy pinches, double kneebars, you name it.

Although no one sent anything, besides Spooky, it wasn't a bad day... still wish I had spent less time on Kettle and more time on Snooze. Anyways, check out the new video (I posted it on Vimeo for a change... tell me what you think?) and have a nice Thanksgiving. I'll be climbing all break :]

Gravity Sucks - Great Barrington from JP Whitehead on Vimeo.



-WB

3 comments:

  1. Spook found out the last prob was called wasabi and its only v5 think it needs the upgrade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool video. Didn't know I was THAT close to catching the BUMP hold. Gotta latch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are THAT close, and I agree with anon, def needs the upgrade

    ReplyDelete

hit counter
html hit counter