Monday, November 9, 2009

SPRAYDAY / CLIMBING FORECAST

What!?
A Sprayday and a Climbing Forecast on the SAME POST...!?

This. Is incredible.

Lets start with...
THE SPRAY!

Ah the Carraige Road, I hadn't experienced your wonderful climbing in quite a while. Basically, last Saturday we rolled out to the Gunks to clean up all the projects that didn't go last season.

The day kicked off with Aaron sending Black Boulder - V5, a notable send no doubt. After we all gave some good goes at that problem, we went to a smaller, less aesthetic boulder next to it.

Black Head is listed in the guidebook as "V - Diculous". This grade is soo appropriate. Beta? Grab the pebbly sloper, top-out. Adam, Ben and I managed to complete this stupid human trick... it's actually pretty fun.

Next we moved down to the Meaning of Life Boulder.


I would like to allude back to one of the first posts where I talk about my long standing project, Meaning of Life. It had been a year and a half since I first gave goes at the problem. It had to go today... after a few tries,

I sent.
Yes.
YES.



Adam and Ben also sent and Adam flashed his project, The Following, right next to it. Good Day so far.

Aaron made another notable send that day with the CRUSHING of Marakesh Express - V6.
Good work bro.


After playing around by the Boxcar Boulder, we went way back to the beginning of the road to work on Jackson Pollock - V8. It was pretty fun, and maybe it'll go next time, but dwindling light, sore fngers and tired forearms forced us down the stair master and home.



I know this SPRAYDAY is late, but there are several reasons for that. Mostly, I had a really bad migrane yesterday, and the thought of staring into a computer screen made my head hurt even more.

One day late isn't so bad though... right? Sorry.

OKAY SO,

First off, I am going over to nine corners tonight for some NIGHT BOULDERING with morgan from the gym and some other people.

Second, we are heading to Snowy Mtn. tomorrow for some last minute sends before the snowy winter.

Third, this weekend there is a comp at metrorock. Should be fun.

Lastly, I have to go rake now... hope this is good enough for you Ben!


OH and once I get pictures from Spook I'll add more to this post...

-WB

2 comments:

  1. you forgot about the hour or so where you guys played on Buddha

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol mad sore still but mad repeats

    ReplyDelete

hit counter
html hit counter