Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fall Sucks

What JP!?!
No! Fall doesn't suck, the temps are great, snow hasn't fallen, and those leaves make great extra padding.

Right, they do make great padding, and the temps are great, and fall would be awesome, but, school happens. And lets put it this way, when you have school everyday till 3:00, no gym to climb at and a sun that decides to duck its head at around 7:00, Fall sucks.

Everyday in school I would daydream about where I wanted to go during the weekend... climbing wise, of course... and every night I would dream about climbing. Unfortunately, I am on my second week without climbing currently and I'm starting to see how this sport is like an addiction to some crazy hard drug.

-You try it because you think it's fun or a friend suggests it
-Most likely you may first try it with your friends
-You start doing it more and more
-People think you are crazy when you tell them about it
-Your friends consist mainly of other people who do it
-(In extreme cases)You find yourself sleeping on things that weren't meant to be slept on just to get a power nap in before you head off to find your next fix, eating nothing but cheesepuffs.

Coincidentally, the same symptoms apply to World of Warcraft users.

Yes, this blog post is negative, but that's my life right now. I come home from school and get a daily pump hanging on the molding of door frames. As fellow climbers, I hope you can relate, everyday I am not climbing is directly proportional to how badly I want to climb.

I mean, just look at this post! The only reason I am posting it is because talking about climbing is as close as I can get to climbing at the moment.

It's 10:04 PM on a Saturday and the fact that my non-throbbing fingers don't scream or secrete some strange fluid every time I type a letter is bothering me. Is that sick? Maybe. Am I okay with that? Yeah.

What happens to you guys when you don't climb?
Discuss plz.

In other news this guy Joel who took some pictures of the Boulderwoods Comp has not sent them to us yet... I'm waiting. Uhm... Murph hurt a digit and is out for a little. Last I heard, Ben and Nyle have been crushin' in New Paltz daily. If anyone is headin' out to climb, please, please contact me.

5189441080.
My name is JP, I have a pad, I am a great motivator.
I have an extra pair of shoes (they have holes)
Size 8. Or 7 1/2... I'm too lazy to check.

I guess that's all folks.

If you are Jewish thank you so much for your wonderful holidays.
I get to climb 3 days in a row next weekend.

-WB

7 comments:

  1. damm dude sounds like your hurtin what holiday do u have off next weekend and if u guys are gonna go out on sat and monday maybe ill come down to visit hit up the road that monday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yom Kippur. If you wanna head out text me, Lost City Saturday? Adam can't drive me down monday, but I can climb Saturday and Sunday. Text me bro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yo JP, text me up anytime you come down to the mountains, i assumed you would already hit up ben and he would probably hit me up but do it anyway

    Billy Joel

    ReplyDelete
  4. OKAY I GOT A SCHEDULE

    SATURDAY - Western Ma. Climbers Coalition Festival at Rose Ledge

    SUNDAY - PKILL with people from the gym.

    MONDAY - Lost City with Ben.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the feeling I have been laided up with a pesky finger injury that just wont heal. Went out and belayed Jut on sick sport this weekend its still fun just to watch people climb. Hopefuly soon my mental stability depends on these rocks. \

    murph

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sucks man.
    If you can make it down to PKill on Sunday, I think a ton of people from E-City are gonna be there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. JP...Keep your head up high buddy! Enjoy school while you have it, I would die to be done at 3:00 in the afternoon; when you enter the white collar "real world" the workday seems to never end 6,7,8 pm. Regardless, get out when you can and keep the psych levels HIGH. Sick newness going down in the Caroga Lake region...get at me this fall!

    Oh yeah, best time of the year to roll with the lanterns and headlamps Kid...Sick temps!!!

    -Jut

    ReplyDelete

hit counter
html hit counter