Tuesday, September 8, 2009

60 Boulderers at P-Kill

As we approached the outbreak boulder at Peterskill in the Gunks, we were taken aback by the mass of people climbing. Yes, 60 boulderers had gathered for the great conditions and some good climbing. We started working several different problems, Ben flashed The Classic One - V5. Next we moved up to Village Idiot - V7. Everyone, especially Spook, made great progress on the problem, but moods were slightly damaged after Spooky took a nasty fall.

After a little work on Mad Lion - V7, we moved over to the Mentos Boulder for work on the cool aretes there. Adam and I made great progress on Delicate Soul and Tiger Style, both good V7's.

And then we were burned out.

In other news, I am working with Western Mass. Climbers Coalition to make a guidebook for the Reservoir Rocks in Great Barrington. I'll put up some more details later. If anyone has any information on set names, boulder names, route names, first ascents and such please get in contact with me at weekendbouldering@gmail.com

Also, I seem to have lost my camera... hence the lack of pictures...

-WB

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter
html hit counter