Monday, February 15, 2010

Second Day On

As I left the Gunks Saturday (more on that later) I talked to Tyler.

Tyler was planning on leaving for Florida, but his flight was cancelled, and he offered to go climbing Sunday. Mind you, this is after one of the more brutal Gunks days I have had in a while, and my tips were nice and red.

Of course, in the most appropriate weekendbouldering fashion, I said yes. After a night of finding homemade remedies to my fingertip pain (I settled on Aloe leaves my mom had conveniently been growing... kinda weird actually). I headed out to good 'ol Great Barrington for a day of sending.


We started at the probe and warmed up on the crimpy traverse featured in Gravity Sucks and a V2 arete thing. After warming up we started work on The Probe - V9. Tyler and I made quick progress, and we both reached a highpoint crux of matching the namesake hold. Sick problem that I want to come back to.

JP trying to stick the slopey name-sake hold on The Probe - V9

We worked on a highball crack near the probe that probably goes at like V3, but it was fun and made for good pictures:

Next, we made our way to the Spack boulder to work on Tyler's proj, The Bump. He worked it for a while, but was unable to send, and the rock was cold. So we moved on up to the Snooze Button. While Aaron worked Kim Novak - V8, Tyler and I went and explored. We found stuff, GOOD, undone stuff, but it's a secret.

We came back from exploring to find Aaron at Fen Fen - V7. After working Fen Fen for a while, Tyler and Aaron started to work Echo - V9. They made some good progress and are psyched to get back to this testy piece of stone. Finally we ended the day at Speed boulder, and then moved on to Azteca for some delicious burritos.

Also, the guidebook secret will be revealed soon.

-WB

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter
html hit counter