Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Much Needed Update

Home
Hello, again. I know it's been quite a while. I also know that in the course of the past year or so, I've started far too many posts with this same apologetic spiel.  I promise this time is different, however. This time I'm writing you not from the soggy Northeast, but the sunny and mild Southwest!

Boulder, Colorado is now the place I call home, and part of me feels that in a lot of ways, it's always been home. I have never before felt as if I am exactly where I'm supposed to be, or perhaps it simply takes a complete uprooting and a massive change in lifestyle to remind us that every situation is indeed what we make of it. Perhaps I had so made up my mind about the Northeast, about leaving, that I had made myself blind to the things I really loved. Now thousands of miles away my perspective has shifted. I miss my friends, I miss my town, I miss my car, I miss the rock gym. But it is all what you make of it, right? Well, what I'm making of Boulder is: college is outlandish, the people of Colorado are so friendly I could puke, and the rock here is incredible.

I've managed to get out a few times with my friend Alex Enright (also a freshman, also from out east), and picked up a membership at The Spot. We've made it to Rocky Mountain National Park to try a few rigs in lower chaos, we've toyed around in Flagstaff, and hiked much further than we ever intended to in Eldorado Canyon. Of these various expeditions, I've collected a number of new projects that I am so excited to spend the year attempting. 

These two are currently in my sights:
Deep Puddle Dynamics - V9 is freaking rad. Little crimps, glassy slopers and a BURLY finish.
Resonated - V9 is beautiful! Situated right next to a stream. Climbs out a thuggish arete.

There is so much rock here! It excites me to think I might never see it all. I guess that's all the more reason to get out and continue living my life. 

Hopefully you guys haven't forgotten about me! I haven't forgotten about you! This blog is still my homepage, a constant reminder of my commitment to write my life as it unfolds, filling the spaces between what I know now and what I'll know then. 

Thanks for sticking around, I'll post a few more things today, mostly pictures with back-story pertaining more to my life out here than climbing.


-JP

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter
html hit counter