Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 1 in the South

I'm posting this from raccoon mountain campground, Chattanooga, Tennessee. It's about 65 degrees, sunny, and getting warmer. After the ridiculously long drive down (16 hours), and stay at a Hungry Mother Campground (There is a story behind that name, you don't want to hear it), we arrived at Rocktown, GA at around 1:00.

We immediately got to work at the Sherman Photo roof. Adam cleaned quick with a send of his project last year, Nose Candy - V6. Suddenly, I was stricken down with a nosebleed, no doubt a sign that I had to send the boulder problem day. After some work, I did, as did Ian, Evan, Kyle and Luke.

Evan also made a quick send of Sherman Photo Roof - V7, and made good progress on Brown Hole - V8.

Next it was on to the scoop, the hobbit and Pythagorean theorem. Everyone sent the Scoop in everyway possible, and we split up to try our respective projects. Jess and the girls went to pythag, and the men went to the Hobbit. Aaron flashed the cool problem, and Luke also sent. The problem boils down to a cruxy top-out.

The girls made really good progress on Pythag, as did Kyle.

Finally, we headed down to the beautiful Golden Showers. I was surprised at how good this climb actually is. Perfect sidepulls lead to a crux last move and full value top out that I am most psyched on. Aaron sent, making it six sends in 1 day for him, and I did not. Another day for sure.

I have to go eat some french toast and do something Adam is calling "Initiation", but I'll post more tomorrow.

We're heading to Little Rock City today, a spot that I have way more projects at and I am too pumped to describe.

It's warm.

-WB

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter
html hit counter