Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Deet - Free




Somewhere at G.B. there must be a huge pool of quiet water that just was waiting for us to make plans to visit the nice, dry rock to hatch its entire swarm of blood-sucking bastards upon us. Seriously, I am typing this with the multiple bug-bites on my hands, not my fingers.

Anyways it was an exciting visit to G.B. yesterday with one, wait no two, huge climaxes (what is the plural of climax). So we warmed up at the Warm-Up Boulder and got some cool footage of Scary Mantelo - V3 and Crystal Quartz Problem - V4. Kyle got this cool V? next to an easy warm-up and Mira sent this cool little rig next to Mantelo. NOW ON UP TO FOTOWA!!!

Ben's nemesis, Fotowa - V9, has been either wet or shut him down the last two times we have been here. And Ben, who has never sent a V9, knew today was the day. After a couple goes Ben stuck the crux first move and did the rest of the route solidly... and on camera... a first for the WB Crew, My Camera, and Ben. Good send bro.

As Mira and Murph went up and talked to some people climbing a stellar 5.10 finger crack called Endeavor to Persevere. We began climbing the tall, scary, commiting and beautiful Snooze Button - V5. This 30 ft. beauty is a crimp fest with a commiting high step at the top. Since I first saw it it has always intimidated me, and I wanted to do it SO bad. I grabbed on and started the ride to the top, only to fall at the crux, a move off of a sharp, little crimp to a good ledge. As Kyle and I worked the moves and began taking longer and longer falls, we realized this problem was going to be much different than anything we've ever climbed...

It didn't go, perhaps next time, but the climbing I did on that problem is some of the best I have ever done. It's a SWEET rock.

Anyways I busted out my camera and started taking pictures of Mira and Murph on their climb... I know I know its Weekend BOULDERING... but its all about trying everything right?


Stunned face kept saying its one of the best climbs they have ever been on. Just look at how happy Mira is!!!


I went left of it and saw a beautiful wall and some dirty but awesome looking boulders below it. Maybe next time???
-WB

2 comments:

  1. those bugs were crazy cant wait to see you guys send snooze button

    ReplyDelete
  2. wtf is with that pic

    ReplyDelete

hit counter
html hit counter