Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Cheap Bastard (Stomp Pad)


Never, ever, ever, ever, ever buy a Stomp Pad from Metolius. While talking with the guy from Organic yesterday via E-mail, I brought up my pad situation currently. I bought my pad from EMS a couple months ago, my friend Ben had the same pad (but and older model) and had no problems. My pad should be fine... right? HA! No.

Within the first month a fairly large rip about 2 inches wide cursed the front side of my pad. Yes folks, thats the side that is supposed to be on the talus. Soon, other little scratches, scrapes and rips began to appear. Stitches around the buckles and shoulder-straps began to pop. My pad was slowly becoming less of a pad and more of a cat toy.

But I learned to deal with it eventually. One can feel the difference in fabric between Ben and my pad, you can almost see the difference, but at this point it was just a fact of life. I'm the one unlucky guy to get a defective pad which fails at doing its one job; letting me fall on it without breaking it... Or so I thought.

After telling the man from Organic about this, he told me I was the 3rd customer that week to complain about it. He said he had tried to repair one of them but the fabric was too bad to salvage! He then proceeded to go on a well deserved shpeel about corporations making easy money with a mediocre product and so on.

And so, as I go to see about returning my pad today, I must advise you: learn from my misfortune. Do not, ever, buy a Stomp Pad from Metolius. Thank you for your time.

-WB

No comments:

Post a Comment

hit counter
html hit counter