Saturday, May 8, 2010

This Should Be Fun...

So on the ride back from a good sesh at the Rez yesterday, Murph and I (between bouts of what can only be described by spontaneous napping disorder) discussed what we believed were the best of each grade in the Northeast.

We came up with a pretty good list, but I'd rather have you guys debate it, it's more fun that way!

We picked problems based on obvious starts and finishes, purity of the line and overall quality of the problem.

Here's what we came up with. I highlights my picks.

Candidates for...
V4:
  • Origin - Nine Corners
  • Crystal Quartz Problem - The Rez
  • Mentos - Peterskill
V5:
  • Snooze Button - The Rez
  • Long Live Legos - Nine Corners
  • Slobodon - McKenzie Pond (I don't like it but...)
  • I.F. - McKenzie Pond
  • Sleeping Giant - Hideaway
V6:
  • Larry - Sunny Side
  • Coitus - Snowy Mountain
  • The Egg - The Rez
  • The Wave - Farley
  • IHOP - Snowy Mountain
V7: Starts to get hard.
  • New Pair of Glasses - Carriage Path
  • Village Idiot - Peterskill
  • Tweekybird - Farley
V8: VERY hard to pick just one.
  • Thorazine - Nine Corners
  • Flux Capacitor - McKenzie
  • Who Needs Hueco - Lincoln Woods
  • Boxcar Arete - Carriage Path
V9+ I'll let you decide... I don't have much of a say on problems this hard.

DEBATE DEBATE DEBATE! We need a winner in each category!

-WB

10 comments:

  1. Good suggestions, I agree with most of them. But some areas are not represented so I'll throw some more in.

    V4
    Crystal Problem -The Rez (I've always heard this as V3 and that is how it feels to me. That being said, I think its one of the best V3s)

    Origin is cool
    Pop or Drop -Nine Corners
    Mentos - eh, i think there is better.

    Overlooked V4 - Pawtuckaway
    Vintage V4 - Pawtuckaway

    V5
    Snooze Button and Slobodon get my vote. I think they are both better than IF.

    From Pawtuckaway,
    The Lumberjack and Ball Dr. are classic.

    The Sleeping Giant - Happy Valley (have not done it, but it looks awesome)

    V6
    Coitus is dope, I am not familiar with most of the others.

    From Pawtuckaway,
    Fuck the Method and Ride the Lightning are classic, I personally like Fuck the Method more..plus RTL seeps too much!

    V7
    good suggestions!

    From Ptuck,
    Maxim
    It's Rio Time
    The Rose

    V8
    Thorazine and Flux Capacitor are both cool

    Who Needs Hueco is pretty good, but also pretty lowball

    Boxcar is pretty cool, but not amazing.

    Dwarf Toss (or Giant Steps at V9) and The Pearl in the Gunks are both good.

    How about Big Big Love is that V7 or V8??

    -Jon Felch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Schtickums at MacKenzie gets a vote for V4 from me.
    Slobadon and IF are the two WORST V5s at MacKenzie in my opinion (the other 4 are all better - my order there - Time will tell, Providence, Drop the Clutch, Slot Machine, Slobadon, IF)
    Can't argue much with the rest. IHOPP, best V6 in the Park.
    Boxcar amazing because it is sustained.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely forgot about Drop the Clutch, but I think Snooze has that thing beat.

    I will add sleeping giant to the list... forgot about that one as well. The pearl is good, but is probably more like v6 or v7. A good one though.

    I HATE slobodon, but i really like IF, despite its sharpness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. V7- Never been to hueco? or whatever the grade of that thing is...should be up there...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm. Yeah that is a GREAT problem considering the huecos. But its a bunch of really easy moves to a hard v7 move.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crystal Quartz is a must do for anyone who visits The Rez, but it is really just one move. I don't think it really fits in with these other gems

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, but its just so much fun. Problems like that make you feel like a complete hero. Also its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe some of these from Waterworks can go on the list soon:
    http://vimeo.com/11642858

    ReplyDelete
  9. yup...spike= best v8, as does appettite for destruction at farley

    ReplyDelete
  10. I realy like ice cold at nine for v7 love the moves for a traverse great quality rock.love Ihop at snowy at v6 great flow super fun.Realy realy like who needs hueco pinch, crimp, underclimg dyno while horizantal backwards to a one hand dish hold the swing don't dab sick.Origin love it felt imposible my first time there still not easy. I realy liked providence at Mcz's.shape shifter great v4 at nine even better power of belief do it you will believe.also realy like tiger style at pkill origin is better then mentos i feel harder anyway peace out oh conjical visit 3or4 eny way liked it tall fun prison boulder heart of glass v4 at linkwoods sweet

    ReplyDelete

hit counter
html hit counter